About Your Library
About Your Library
About Your Library
- Fiction Books-Best sellers, popular genre and the classics.
- Nonfiction Books- Covering a wide range of subjects.
- Large Type Books - Some popular fiction, nonfiction and children's.
- Media - Movies, music and audio books.
- Youth - Picture books, fiction, nonfiction, magazines, and media for pre-schoolers to young adults.
- Periodicals - Some major newspapers and popular magazines.
- Databases - Access to articles in magazines, journals, newspapers, and other resources.
- Downloadables - Music, Audio, e-books to download to your device anytime, day or night.
- Book Club Bags - Click here for the list of titles.
- Storypackets - Bags that contain multiple copies of a title and reading aids for young readers. Click here for more info.
Anchorage Public Library makes its facilities, services and collections accessible to meet the needs of all patrons. Library staff are always ready to assist with locating materials, operating the catalog and other equipment or reaching items from high or low shelves. Click here for more information.
Click here for the Talking Book Center.
All APL locations are Wi-Fi hotspots. Library computers with Internet access are also available at all library locations, although restrictions such as time limits do apply. Stations are offered on a first come, first served basis. Check at any reference desk for availability. In addition to surfing the Internet, you can check Web-based e-mail and use word processing. Click here for the
Reference librarians are available at all library locations during open hours to answer questions and assist with research needs. Telephone reference is available during Loussac Library hours at 343-2975. Click here to use Ask a Librarian to ask a question via e-mail. E-Mail questions can take up to 72 hours for a response.
Reference service includes providing access to information, library materials and basic assistance with library equipment (computers, copiers, printers) and electronic resources (online catalog, databases and software). Reference service does not include compiling, interpreting, or arranging information; completing forms or homework assignments; photocopying or proofreading documents; making mathematical calculations; providing legal or medical advice, child care, counseling, or crisis intervention. Reference service does not include extensive computer troubleshooting and instruction about specific applications and web sites that involve personal information.
If you can not find an item in the library catalog, you may submit an Interlibrary Loan or ILL. We will try to find the material in another library and borrow it for you. The whole process can take 2-6 weeks. Search WorldCat to find the item you want. Use the ILL button in WorldCat to submit your
Reserve a kit that contains ten copies of a book and a reader’s guide, all in a handy bag to take to your next book club meeting. Over 50 titles available! To find the Book Club Bags in the catalog, either search for the title you are interested in and look for the catalog entry with “[kit]” in the title, or search for “APL Book Club Bag” for the entire list. Book Club Bags will be available for one 6-week checkout (no renewals). Place a hold on the kit of your choice to reserve your bag. Click here for the list of titles. Click here for the Book Club Bag brochure.
Anchorage Genealogical Society volunteers can help you get started with your research or suggest solutions to problems along the way. Volunteers are at Loussac Library, Level 3, every Wednesday from 11am - 2pm; and the 2nd and 4th Wednesday from 7pm - 9pm.
Login to library account