My Library Account
Explore the world with your library card! With a library account, you can check out books and movies, use Internet computers, and download e-books, audio books and music! You can also login into your account online to place holds while searching the catalog, renew materials and update your contact information.
An Anchorage Public Library Card is an important tool. With your library card you will be able to:
- Check out books, magazines, movies, downloadable books, storypackets and more at APL’s five locations and partner libraries, including UAA/APU, Juneau Public and ARLIS
- Internet access on public computers
- Gain full access to APL’s virtual library: Listen Alaska & One Click Digital
- Research online databases
- Suggest purchases
- Access your account online to place holds and renew items
- Access Interlibrary loans
- Attend fun and educational events! Click here for Library Event Calendar.
If you are an
Other: Alaska reciprocal library member: free card, 3-item limit. Non-Resident: $90 yearly, full borrowing privileges at APL. Visitor/guest cards: $25 for 3 months, 3-item limit.
Your PIN number is your password to access your library account online. Once you have it, you can login to renew items, place holds and update your contact information. To get your PIN, go to any library information desk or click here to request it by email. Email requests may take up to 72 hours.
Children under the age of 18 can get a card with full-privileges when they fill out the registration form above and come to the library with a parent or legal guardian. When the child receives the card, they also need to fill out a verification card for their parent to bring in with them (this is a postcard that is mailed to the parent/guardian).
This postcard makes the parent aware that the child has filtered internet access and confirms that the parent is financially responsible for the items checked out on the youth card. The child will also gain full borrowing privileges when the registration card is signed (the child does not need to accompany the parent to sign the registration card).
Youth can get a library card without a parent present, but it will be the unverified limited card, until the parent/guardian comes to the library and verifies the info and signs the registration card.
- 50¢/day - adult books
- 25¢/day - magazines, youth books and storypackets
- $1/day - all media (DVDs, CDs, VHS, audio books, Playaways) and book club bags
- $5 maximum fines per item; items over 17 days late will be charged a replacement fee, plus a $5 processing fee per item. See staff for details.
- Fines of $50 and more are sent to a collection agency.
Login to My Account