Build a Better World this summer by supporting summer learning at Anchorage Public Library.
It is well documented that reading provides a strong foundation for life-long learning. If we foster a love for reading in children today, they will enjoy many rewards tomorrow. We hope you will consider the 17th Annual Reading Rendezvous a worthy community event.
Reading Rendezvous - Support Summer Learning!
At the end of each school year Anchorage Public Library hosts Reading Rendezvous as the kick-off event of Summer Discovery, a program that encourages children of all ages to continue reading and learning throughout the summer.
Reading Rendezvous is a free, community-sponsored event held on the grounds of Loussac Library, where local businesses and non-profit organizations offer literacy-themed activities. In addition to activity booths, previous Reading Rendezvous celebrations included musicians, a magician, jugglers, and live animals! The theme of the 17th Annual Reading Rendezvous is "Build A Better World!"
Reading Rendezvous is Saturday, May 20, 12pm-4pm. See you there!
Event Host (checks payable to):
Alaska Center for the Book
Non-Profit Status: 501c3
Credit Card Link: Coming soon
Elizabeth Nicolai, Youth Services
Z.J. Loussac Library
3600 Denali Street
Anchorage, AK 99503-6093
Event Contact Information:
Robin S. Brooks
Event Coordinator, Reading Rendezvous 2017
Youth Services Coordinator
Anchorage Public Library
Levels of Support
Reading Rendezvous is only possible through the generous support of community sponsors, and we hope you will join us. We would like to confirm your sponsorship by February 1, 2017, and will contact you that week to provide any additional information you may need.
We are pleased to provide a tiered sponsorship approach and are able to offer recognition as follows:
Community Builder - $5+ (cash or in-kind)
- Link to your organization on our Reading Rendezvous webpage
- Public thanks on social media (primarily Twitter and/or Facebook)
Donor - $150+
- Everything at the Community Builder level
- Listed on signs at the entry and around the event
Supporter - $300+
- Everything at the Donor level
- Listed on signs by the stage with the entertainment schedule
- Announced thanks from the stage
Partner - $500+
- Everything at the Supporter level
- Listed in the Reading Rendezvous passport
Co-Host - $1000+
- Everything at the Partner level
- Logo included in Reading Rendezvous passport
- Included in all advertising for the event